Thursday, November 5, 2009

A picture


When I first saw this Pulitzer Prize winning picture, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was obvious that the volture was waiting the child die so that it can eat. The child in the picture has big bally and very skinny body shape, which is a sign of starvation. The child was crawling to United Nation Food camp, which was located kilometers away..
It was taken in Sudan by photographer, Kavin Carter, who later committed suicide because people accused him not help the child.
However, this one picture created a huge attention in the world. People all over the world helped children in Sudan after they saw the picture. Since people invented cameras and films, it is easier to record scenes and store data in pictures. Furthermore, now with digital camera, almost everyone can be a historian. I want to see how people perceive the world around them by studying some pictures

3 comments:

  1. oh wow, a picture truely says a thousand words. This made my heart drop when I recognized that was a vulture in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so poor child! I cannot believe there still be a lot of starving children in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really shocking especially the photographer committing suicide.

    ReplyDelete